Upstate New York Elder Law Attorneys
The McMahon Law Firm has been dedicated to providing elder law and estate planning services to people throughout upstate New York for 17 years. We are focused on providing a number of services in a friendly, open and caring environment.
We believe that people should understand what their lawyer is doing. Thus, we take the time to listen to our client’s needs and then present them with options for protecting their assets.
Contact us to discuss the following areas:
- Medicaid planning : We help protect your assets from Medicaid. We will also explain the recent changes in the law ¾ including the Medicaid Law of 2005 and the Deficit Reduction Act ¾ and how they affect your Medicaid planning.
- Nursing homes : We help elderly people and their families prepare for the cost of nursing homes.
- Asset protection : We help protect assets through proper Medicaid, nursing home and estate planning.
- Trusts : We help clients choose the trust that best fits their financial goals, whether that is a revocable living trust, irrevocable trust or another type of trust.
- Probate : We have extensive experience handling all probate administration matters.
- Family estate planning : We will advise you of estate planning options that protect your family and meet your exact goals.
- Last will and testament : A properly executed will can help ensure that your assets are passed down to the beneficiaries of your choosing, as well as appoint guardians for your children. It is an extremely valuable legal instrument for both the elderly and younger people.
- Power Of attorney and health care proxy : Do you know the difference between a power of attorney and a health care proxy? We will take the time to explain how these legal tools work and determine whether they are a viable option for you.
A Commitment to Protecting Clients' Future
At the McMahon Law Firm, we are committed to helping people approaching retirement or in retirement plan for their future. Even if you or a loved one is already in a nursing home, we can still protect some assets from being lost to the nursing home and Medicaid. We have helped hundreds of people throughout the Central New York State and the Syracuse area establish asset protecting plans and wills that maximized the inheritance to their heirs.
When you want an elder law and estate planning attorney who cares as much about your future as your family does, please contact McMahon Law Firm online or call 315-254-2161. We are committed to providing elder law services to our clients in the same fashion we would provide them to our own parents.
We represent clients throughout upstate New York, including Onondaga, Cayuga, Oswego and Oneida counties, as well as the cities of Syracuse, Camillus, and Auburn.